In Business? Thinking about it? Grab that 15% SC15 discount for Google Ads Course, places limited, hurry up: Google Adwords Training

Your Latest Comments

Welcome to our New Catholic Forum. Feel free to discuss and ask questions. Everyone

is invited, freedom of speech is guaranteed, but malicious behavior will be prosecuted.

To post use your current login or register below.

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Apocalyptic Wars, Pests, Plagues, and Destruction

Apocalyptic Wars, Pests, Plagues, and Destruction #113

• childoftheuniverse1973
Apocalyptic Wars, Pests, Plagues, and Destruction

You are living in times of anguish in which men purify themselves by enduring great suffering. But those who have analyzed the prophecies already knew that the moment was soon to come, that moment in which wars would break out everywhere as nations began to reject one another.

Still to come are the strange illnesses and epidemics which will appear among humanity and will confuse the scientists. And when pain reaches its peak in men, they will still have the strength to shout: It is punishment from God! But I do not punish. It is you who punish yourselves by disregarding the laws which govern your spirit and physical body.

Who has unleashed and provoked the forces of nature if not the foolishness of men? Who has defied My laws? It is the men of science, in their arrogance. But verily I say to you, this pain will serve to pull out the bad weed which has grown in the heart of humanity.

Fields will be covered with the dead. The innocent will also perish. Some will die by fire, others by hunger, and others by war. The earth will tremble, the elements will be moved, lava will flow from the mountains, and the seas will become turbulent.

I will allow men to take their perversity to a limit, to where their free will allows them, in order that, horrified by their own work, they might feel true repentance in their spirits.

The tree of scientific knowledge will be greatly shaken by the fury of the elements of nature, and humanity will receive the fruits from that fall. Who, other than man, will be responsible for causing the elements of nature to become unleashed?

It is fine that the earliest beings knew pain for the purpose of awakening them to reality and causing them to be born to the light of the conscience, and to obey the Law. But why does the evolved, conscious, and developed man of this time profane the Tree of Life?

Epidemics will fall upon the world, strange and rare diseases before which science will be impotent, and a great part of humanity will perish.

The universe will be cleansed of its weeds. My justice shall separate out the selfishness, the hatred, and the tireless ambition. Great phenomena of nature will appear.

Nations will be swept away and lands will disappear. This will serve as a warning bell for your hearts.

Re: Apocalyptic Wars, Pests, Plagues, and Destruction #117

• BLR208
Hello, Childoftheuniverse1973,
I don't have any particular comments or critiques on your topics except for one.

I find you curiously open about talking/writing of end times. I am a Catholic Convert for about 15 years and come from Christian communities that openly talk about the end times. This I find with in the Catholic Church less common, avoided and am often shut down when talking about this or the sprit relm. I am told by some at church that the Church teaches the Bible is not prophesying the future it speaks figuratively and only of the past. So needless to say this is strange for me.

So how is it that you are so open?

Re: Apocalyptic Wars, Pests, Plagues, and Destruction #118

• childoftheuniverse1973
Hello, BLR208,

All I can share for what we read is that, it is only a words of opening our mind to the different sources of understanding. Symbols have their own spiritual meaning or essence that we need to discover. The end times for me is not the end of the world but the end of all the evil deeds of men and will be transformed to harmonious communication between all men in different languages. Prophesy is present in the bible, like in the book of Daniel 12:4 that we are now occupying, about the increasing knowledge of this new technology.

We are all in the process of elevating or purifying our soul's life by finding the true Essence of God, and by God's help with all His heavenly hosts and with His two anointed sons, we then looking for what is ahead of us, and that is our future to be.

If we always looking back our past life and not trying to look for its future development, then we always go back to this material world again and again til our change come (Job 14:14)

"If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come." (Job 14:14)

Re: Apocalyptic Wars, Pests, Plagues, and Destruction #167

Childof: That's a quality reply, thank you. The teaching of the Catholic Church is founded on a prediction of sorts. If you're not a Christian you won't go to Heaven. If you don't go to Heaven you'll go to... let's call it 'Hell'. The only way to save yourself from eternal 'hell' is to embrace, believe in (faith) and practice Christianity. It is a prophecy of sorts. A pretty hard stick but a decent carrot! So it isn't a huge leap of imagination for any man of intelligence to question 'what if?'. As you say, there are clues in the Scriptures though personally I feel they are probably contextualised to the period in which they were written. Today, we fly over volcanoes in airliners but what if the gas, electric or water mains go down? Computer virus takes out automatic food delivering systems (millions starve). Superbug appears (The Bible does envisage this) taking out a huge proportion of the world's population. A good look at the historical events of the Black Death gives us some clue about behaviour of an advanced society in those situations. The intelligent novel by Frank Herbert "The White Plague" looks at that scenario.
  • Page:
Modified by Website Design Dublin
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds